Inclusive Quality First Teaching (IQFT) means high quality inclusive teaching together with our continuous whole school processes for assessing, planning, implementing, tracking, monitoring and reviewing your child’s progress.
- The teacher has the highest possible expectations for your child and all pupils in their class
- All teaching builds on what your child already knows, can do and understand
- Lessons are appropriately scaffolded, which means different ways of teaching and support are in place so that your child can access the lesson and is fully involved in their learning. Some examples of scaffolding are: additional resources to support children's learning, opportunities for paired work or small group work, different ways of presenting their children's work such as having access to chromebooks.
- Specific strategies (suggested by the SENCo) to support your child to learn
- On-going assessment within the day-to-day framework of the classroom of your child’s progress to identify any gap or gaps in their understanding/learning
The following documents sets out our core principles for Inclusive Quality First Teaching at Larkrise.